For the first time in history, a 100% Belgian performing arts festival for young audiences will be held in 3 Belgian cities, bringing you 15 state-of-the-art shows.
Barak Belgique is aimed at performing arts professionals from all over the world and children and teenagers, their families and schools. The festival will be a unique opportunity to discover the quality, diversity and international potential of work for young audiences from the Flemish, French and German-speaking Communities in Belgium and to network with Belgian and international colleagues. The artistic programme has been curated by an international jury of experts: Alain Grégoire (formerly La Maison Théâtre, Montreal), Laura Graser (Rotondes, Luxembourg), Purni Morell (formerly Unicorn Theatre, London), Paul Neefs (formerly Cultural Centre de Werft, Geel, Belgium), Chantal Heck (Alter Schlachthof, Eupen, Belgium) and David De Meuter (Cultural Centre Jacques Franck, Brussels).
Discover the festival schedule for performing arts professionals.
A detailed presentation of all the performances, networking opportunities and visits will be available in early September.
All performing arts professionals are encouraged to buy a festival pass, which will give access to:
- All the performances
- Lunch and dinner from Friday to Monday and other festive networking opportunities and professional encounters
- Transport from Brussels to Ghent and back on Saturday and from Brussels to Liège and back on Sunday
Prices of the Barak Belgique delegate packages:
- 1 day = €70
- 2 days = €140
- 3 days = €160
- 4 days = €180
How to book?
- Fill in the delegate registration form.
- If you book more than one delegate package, please fill out the form for each of the delegates separately.
- Be aware that places are limited. First come, first served!
- Immediately after having completed your registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
- As of early September, you will receive an invoice.
- Your festival pass and welcome pack will be waiting for you on arrival at the festival.
Single tickets will be available as from
- 2 September for performances presented at BRONKS (Brussels), KOPERGIETERY and Minard (Ghent) and Les Chiroux, La Cité Miroir and the Théâtre Universitaire (Liège)
- 20 September for performances presented at La montagne magique (Brussels)
Single ticket prices: €7 / €5 (Dans l’atelier / PAKMAN: – 30 min.)
Barak Belgique will take place in three Belgian cities: Brussels (Friday 8 and Monday 11 November), Ghent (Saturday 9 November) and Liège (Sunday 10 November). We recommend that you book your stay at our festival hotel, Citadines Sainte Catherine in the centre of Brussels. Transport from Brussels to Ghent and back on Saturday and from Brussels to Liège and back on Sunday is included in the Barak Belgique delegate packages. Our festival bus will depart from the BRONKS theatre, which is only a five-minute walk from the Citadines hotel.
Prices of overnight accommodation (breakfast included) at the Citadines hotel:
- Single use: €75 + €4,24 city tax per night
- Twin use: €89 + €4,24 city tax per night
How to book?
- Fill in the booking form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware that rooms are limited. First come, first served!
Brussels-National Airport is situated 12 km from the city centre. A train service takes you to Brussels Central Station in 20 minutes.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport is served by low-fare carriers and is situated 46 km from Brussels. A bus service takes you to Charleroi-South railway station in 20 minutes. From there, Brussels Central Station can be reached in 60 minutes.
From Brussels-South railway station, high-speed trains run directly to Paris, Amsterdam, London and Cologne every hour.
Visit SNCB International for timetables.
Brussels is served by an extensive European bus network. Travelling by bus is usually cheaper than travelling by train.
Visit ComparaBUS to compare options provided by different companies.
Brussels can easily be reached by car.
Be aware that parking in Brussels can be expensive.
Meals are perfect opportunities for meeting and exchange. The lunches and dinners are therefore included in the Barak Belgique delegate packages.
Want to escape from the festival crowd for a short while? Brussels, Ghent and Liège offer a rich variety of restaurants and bars. Don’t hesitate to go on a discovery!